The new parent and his wife were eager to get back in shape. Together, they started managing their food intake. Cooking at home, packing lunch to work, drinking less sugary drink, etc were all well done. However, time and attention is too scarce to spare with a new baby in house to resume routine physical exercise. 

We decided for the dad to restart his routine exercise, with an obvious goal in mind, look for a few exercises suitable for his weight and for his new babysitting role. We picked a few activities, i.e. swim again but do so with his son, evening jog but with his child in the stroller etc. We aimed to build bonds between the dad and child, while building muscles.  

A few days back...at my own backyard...
I carried my own 4 year old at my back, secured him with a piece of sarong, straightened my posture as much possible, climbed up and down the staircase at home. I did that before his afternoon nap. He enjoyed it and eventually fell asleep. For me, I build bonds (with my son) while I build muscles too.  :)